Supply Chain Optimization that Enhances Performance and Reduces Costs
RRD is a recognized provider of global supply chain services, with decades of experience in developing and delivering value-add solutions to the medical sector. Healthcare reform and an increasingly complex regulatory environment are challenging the ability of medical device and pharmaceutical companies to reduce costs while maintaining quality. RRD develops comprehensive solutions that drive efficiencies and improve turnaround time while maintaining the highest standards of quality and meeting regulatory compliance.
RRD has globally integrated packaging design expertise for your supply chain needs. This includes initial concept development, packaging specification and procurement through to final product approval, configuration and completion. RRD's packaging technologies and capabilities include:
- Structural packaging design
- Graphic design
- High speed packaging and labeling
- Drop testing and final approval
- Tamper evident
Sourcing and Commodity Management
The significant benefits of strategic sourcing and commodity management improve customer support and lowers total cost of ownership. RRD delivers best practice including:
- Strategic relationships with key global commodity suppliers
- Understanding market forces and industry trends
- Driving component commonality and design-for-manufacturability
- Management of EO sterilization and associated laboratory testing.
Assembly and Configuration
RRD's product completion and software flashing capabilities enable customers to respond to real time demand, shorter lifecycles, expanded product offerings and increased complexity. This is supported by continuous improvement and cost reduction programs. RRD assembles and configures diagnostic devices, medical kits and standard and custom procedure trays.
Quality and Regulatory Compliance
RRD's global medical supply chain facilities are FDA registered (class I-III), cGMP/QSR compliant and ISO13485 accredited. RRD has ISO 14644-1 Class 8 clean rooms in North America and Europe along with temperature controlled facilities which provide:
- IT strength across the entire supply chain
- Full product track and traceability
- Electronic device history record (eDHR) keeping
- Pharmaceutical licensing.
Fulfillment and Distribution
RRD's multichannel fulfillment and distribution services are designed to support fulfillment to distribution centers (DCs), hospitals, channel partners and end-users.
- EDI and web-based order systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Management of multi-mode inbound and outbound logistics
- Advanced network of Full Truck Load (FTL) and Less than Truck Load (LTL) carriers
- Electronic documents and transport records with tracking visibility on all orders
- Reverse logistics including management of recalled product and inventory balancing.