San Jeronimo, Mexico
Established in 2011, RRD’s Mexican supply chain facility is located in San Jeronimo, half a mile from the New Mexico international border. It offers all the advantage of a Mexican location with quick and easy access to U.S. distribution infrastructure. This 162,000 square foot facility offers lower cost production, proximity to the U.S. market, greater flexibility and responsiveness in serving the technology, medical and telecom industries.
- Medical device assembly/packaging
- Packaging design
- Kit component procurement
- Kiting, configuration and fulfillment.
- Computer/hard drive configuration
- Advanced testing and software re-flashing capability
- Sterilization management
- Demand Management/MRP/Procurement
- Lean Manufacturing Engineering
- Test Engineering
- IT Configuration
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Logistics and Traffic Management
- Inventory Management
- Automated customs operations system
- 16% IVA (Mexican sales tax) recovery
- 100% external audit compliance
- ISO 9001 accredited
- FDA registered
- TAPA compliant
- IMMEX certified for service and manufacturing
- C–TPAT certified
- "Emprese certificada" approved
- PROSEC Program
Your business can benefit from the Maquiladora model offering:
- Avoiding of General Import Tax, which varies according to the type of import
- Recovery of all import sales taxes for permanently imported items.
- Reduced custom fees
- Recovery of all sales taxes on purchases in Mexico
- Promotion (PROSEC) programs to eliminate or reduce most-favored-nation import duties on various kinds of inputs.
Nearshoring as an Alternative
As labor rates and freight costs in Asia continue to increase – many companies are beginning to look at alternative supply chains. As a consequence, Mexico has re–emerged as a viable and attractive alternative.
Labor rates are competitive with China and other Asian countries. Furthermore, bulk of shipment of components to RRD’s San Jeronimo facility:
- Reduces inventory carrying costs
- Improves forecasting
- Increases supply chain flexibility
- Permits shipments of finished goods by low cost/low-carbon footprint ground transportation
For companies wishing to serve the North American market, our nearshoring facility in San Jeronimo can help customers improve their market share, increase profits and ensure speed to market.
- San Jeronimo is in the municipality of Juarez and offers an alternative crossing th the busy El Paso/Ciudad Juarez
- The crossing is 12 miles from the interstate 10 and 30 minutes from downtown El Paso.
Why San Jeronimo?
- San Jeronimo is the port of entry in the Mexican state of Chihuahua across the US border from Santa Teresa, New Mexico
- The Facility is located at the border crossing so it offers all the advantages of a Mexican location with quick and easy access to the US Distribution infrastructure.